Last updated on February 8, 2023
By accessing the site and using its services, you confirm that you have read and consent to the information practices described in the policy.
What information does The Pembroke Foundation collect and how is the information used?
Information You Provide
In certain areas of the site, we require that you provide us with personal information:
- Scholarship Applicants - To be considered for a scholarship awarded by The Pembroke Foundation, you may be required to submit data to us electronically. Types of personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to: your full name, address, email address, phone number and academic information such as grade point average, and high school transcript. You may also submit information about your work, school, and community activities, as well as a personal essay.
- We may use your contact information to confirm receipt of your application, to gather more information if there are questions regarding your application, to send you notification regarding your status, or for communication necessary to administer the scholarship program. When you send email or other communications electronically, The Pembroke Foundation may retain those communications to process your inquiries, to respond to your request or question and to improve our services. We will not sell, share, or trade our applicants’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our applicants on behalf of other organizations.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our site, some information is automatically collected about your visit that does not identify you personally. This information helps us analyze trends to better understand which material on our site is most valuable to our users and to make the site more useful.
- Cookies – A cookie is a small data file that a site transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through our services. For additional information, visit the help page for your web browser or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log Information – Our servers automatically record information your browser sends whenever you visit our site. These server logs may include information such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, your operating system, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Does The Pembroke Foundation share the information I’ve provided?
The Pembroke Foundation does not provide any personal information to outside organizations or entities unless specified in detail within program guidelines.
We may also use your information to track visitors of our website. This lets us see which parts of our website are the most useful. It also lets us provide demographic data and aggregate information about our users such as number of applications, geographic distribution of applicants or total scholarship funds distributed.
The Pembroke Foundation reserves the right to disclose personal information as required by law.
How does The Pembroke Foundation secure my personal information?
The Pembroke Foundation and our IT partners are committed to properly securing the information we collect online. To help us accomplish this, we take the following steps:
- We employ internal access controls to ensure that the only people who see your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties;
- We train relevant personnel on our privacy and security measures. Personnel are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations;
- We use technical controls to secure the information we collect online as appropriate, including encryption, firewalls and password protections;
We follow industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, however. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Whom can I CONTACT if I have questions or concerns?
The Pembroke Foundation
9076 Little Garden Way
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116