All completed applications must be submitted in one email, online, or in one packet postmarked by the US Mail to the Foundation Office by May 1, 2023. Only complete applications will be considered.
One scholarship will be awarded each year. Students will be notified of the award by June 1, 2023. Scholarships will be sent directly to the Student Accounts Office where the students will be attending in the fall of 2023. A letter will also be sent to the Financial Aid Office where the student will be attending notifying the school of the award.
STUDENTS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
- Will graduate from an accredited high school in Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, or Richmond City in the spring of 2023
- Must possess at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Be accepted to an accredited school in the state of VA (public or private)
- Have successfully filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Virginia Alternative State Aid (VASA) application
- Demonstrate unmet financial need
SIX APPLICATION PARTS
- A Pembroke Foundation Application - download here
- A personal statement - see information below
- A copy of an admission’s acceptance letter to an accredited college or university
- An unofficial copy of a high school transcript showing 12th year grades and a cumulative GPA
- A copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) or VASA
- A copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college your plan to attend
Using a minimum of 50 words to a maximum of one (1) page, answering the following questions:
Who are you? What are your career and educational goals? How will The Pembroke Foundation Scholarship help you to achieve these goals?
Personal statements should submitted in MS Word format using 12pt. font. Make sure to include your First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION